Bovine Somatotropin (BST) is a naturally occurring hormone that is present in every cow to regulate her milk production. On the other hand, Recombinant Bovine Somatotropin (rBST) is a genetically engineered clone of this hormone that is injected into cows to increase normal milk production. Hollandia Dairy practices and believes that quality milk begins with the cow. That's why we own our very own Proud Farm™ and guarantee that our milk comes from cows not treated with rBST. This is part of our 60-plus year commitment to the health of our communities.
When it comes to dairy, Hollandia believes some things can never change or be compromised. We've been doing things our way, the natural way to keep our herd happy and healthy. Take a drive out to see our Proud Farm™ and you will immediately see the Hollandia Dairy difference.
- Our cows are given nutritious feed daily
- We constantly grow and recycle our own forage to control quality
- We comfort and vent our herd
- Unquestionable, passionate and ethical treatment of our cows
- Daily upkeep and property management for enhanced quality of life for our herd