Every morning bright and early our local caring staff feeds, cares for, comforts and milks every cow at our San Jacinto dairy farm, just less than 50 miles away from our San Marcos Milk Processing plant. Hollandia Dairy milk is so fresh it goes from the cow to the consumer’s table in less then 24 hours.
Here's how we deliver fresh milk daily.
Our Proud Farm™ guaranteed milk is transferred to raw milk tankers and driven to our Milk Processing plant where we go through a rigorous quality checklist of tests to make sure the milk meets our approval. We then process the milk through the plant until it is ready to be filled into our packaging, which is then stored and prepared for delivery to local grocery stores, institutions, schools, hospitals and military locations.
Being a family-owned business has its rewards. Quality is #1. That means sticking to what is important helps us provide dairy products that are "farm fresh", teeming with goodness and promise every time they are experienced. It's what we live for and why we have been a proud dairy farm family for over three generations!
We are a customer-oriented, local company dedicated to personal and environmental care through our products. It is with our customers in mind that we strive to find ways to reduce, recycle and reuse to protect our communities.
"To make better decisions on behalf of the environment, offering locally produced and hormone free dairy products. We pledge to reduce our carbon food-print through our belief in earth-friendly products and services that decrease the volume of waste sent to landfills. We will lead the way and inspire innovations that will protect our quality of life and create value for our customers for years to come."
What Do We Know About Cows
- There are an estimated 920 different breeds of cows in the world.
- Cows came to America with the Pilgrims in 1611.
- Cows have almost total 360-degree panoramic vision.
- People first domesticated cows about 5000 years ago.
- The Holstein produces the most milk of all breeds.
- A dairy cow can produce 5 gallons of ice cream a day.
- Dairy cows provide 90% of the world's milk supply.
- In an average herd, there is 1 bull to every 30 cows.
- A cow stands up and sits down about 14 times a day.
- It used to take a person 1 hour to milk 6 cows by hand.
- Cows can detect odors up to six miles away.
- The age of a cow can be determined by counting the rings on its horns.
- Holstein cows are black and white. Jersey cows are brown.
- Holsteins are black and white, and each has a unique pattern.
- A mature Holstein cow weighs 1,300-1,500 lbs.
- A Holstein calf weighs 80-110 lbs. at birth.
- Most cows chew at least 50 times per minute.
- All cows are female. The males are called bulls.
- Cows spend 6 to 7 hours per day eating.
- A cow produces nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
- A young female cow is called a heifer.
- Wisconsin has the most dairy cows, Texas the most beef cows.
- A cow can live 25 years.